Bob and I are in Amsterdam and hope to board our plane to Almaty in four hours. We're on standby, but there looks to be plenty of seats.
Not sure when I'll be able to get back online again. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers--we've had bad luck so far. We opted not to send our four heavy luggages through to Almaty while staying here in Amsterdam. That was a bad idea because from Amsterdam to Almaty it would've cost us $2000 for the extra weight. (Euros makes everything expensive here.) This forced us to consolidate everything down to two suitcases. (Imagine us repacking four big suitcases in the middle of busy Schipol Airport.) Bob and I are definitely ready for "The Amazing Race."
Got to run--almost out of minutes
18 comments:
We LOVE the Amazing Race and often felt like we were on it when we were in Kaz as well. Just think, at the end of the race, your "prize" will be WAY better than a million dollars!
Here's to a smoother journey from here on out.....
oh man, i'm sorry. I have been checking your blog obessessivly.
Your prize will be worth it, but i'm sorry about your laptop.
WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!!
OMG - that is unbelievable expense! How much did you pack!? Phew! That'a tough. Thinking of you! Things are going to get great!
I thought we had bad luck on our trip there but you trump big time! I am so sorry and I remember being in tears and panic about the first leg but just know that most everything will seem better compared to those first few days and like everyone else has said, the prize is worth it! We will be following and praying for smooth travels the rest of the way! Ky. Karen
Man you guys are off to a tough start. It WILL get better and you will have some amazing stories to tell.
We are thinking great big good power thoughts that things smooth out.
Sorry you've had some travel hassles. That would be a BIG bummer to not have your laptop. Hope the rest of the trip is smooth and safe!
Ouch!
That is rough. Hang in there and things will get better. We will be thinking of you.
Sorry things are going so rough! It will get better. Keep us up to date the best you can... at the very least a post to let us know you made it safe.
Good thoughts and wishes coming your way. Hope you found the comfy seats to rest in at the Amsterdam airport!
There are no words. Wow -- hang in there!
Take care
Oh man, that's a rough start. I hope it means you've paid your dues and the rest of your trip will be smooth as silk!
Best wishes for the rest of your journey - I'm sure it is crazy & overwhelming but it will settle down once you are where you need to be! It can only get better from this point on!
Best Wishes!
Darlene
So sorry to hear about your news...We had a bad start too when we traveled last December. Our 4hr stop over at Frankfurd turned out to be a 14hr stop over due to "broken airplane" Unfortuneatly, anything can happen and there will be ups and downs, but keep in mind that it will be all worth it at the end when you have your little man in your arms.
I have been anxiously waiting to hear that you made it there safely. I hope we will be able to stay in contact. Good thinking with the suitcases. Love you both!!!
So sorry to hear it's been tough so far and about your laptop. Hopefully it will get better soon! Thinking of you.
glad you are half way ther--I'm really sorry about the laptop as I can imagine that keeping in touch with home is so beneficial.
Hope the rest of your journey goes better. Keep you eye on the prize.
Trust me, you won't need all the stuff you left behind. You'll be fine.
WooHoo! I heard on another blog that you made it safely to Almaty. Good luck on the rest of your travels. We will all be thinking of you!
Well, thanks for the update. Sorry about the luggage/laptop problems. What a bummer!
Oh Kabob, what a bummer!
I'm off to read your next entry because I'm hoping there's better news then lost laptops and consolidated suitcases.
Love to you both!! Chin up, chest out.
XO, Rochelle
Post a Comment