Monday, March 3, 2008

Made it to Uralsk

Had our visit with the Ministry of Education this afternoon. All went well. We'll be visiting the orphanage in the morning.

More later. Promise.

17 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah! So happy for you. Saw pics of you two in Almaty on the Yeoman blog, and I had to bring Matt into the office to see. We are just so trhilled for you. Did your computer turn up? I assume so since you posted. Thanks for the updates.

On the front here, Shannon and Sandi (the two Tampa/Orlando Kaz moms who couldnt attend when you were here) will be traveling together this week to Kaz - one to Kostanai and one to Taraz. So in short, half of us Tampa moms are there and half of us are here!

Be safe, my friend!

Matthew Ruley said...

PS I hope all your dreams are realized and all your fears are subsided in your trip to the "Big O". We're crossing our fingers and toes and legs and eyes for you, and sticking our tongues out in concentration, and of course, praying.

PPS I read a new book on Sensory Processing Disorder this week and when you chew on something or stick your tongue out of your mouth and wag it you actually concentrate more, which explains why kids do that and chew on pencils and fingers and hair and stuff. It also confirms my need to chew gum more, if it makes me smarter. I need all the help I can get! Can you get gum in Kaz? Or do I need to bring a huge stash with me?

The gall bladder-les girl.

Rosemary said...

Bob and Karen,
All those stumbling blocks are just increasing your patience !!!
The reward is yet to come...
Bummer though.
Bob--I sent you an email...I think there is a pic of you in the AMS ato on the moving sidewalk. A Chanhassen kid is right in front of you. Front page article on this 17yr hockey player. Either it's you or your double right behind him....too funny.
Good luck to both of you this week.
Can't wait to hear and see pics...
Rosemary

Julian and Sara said...

So happy to hear you made it to Uralsk. I hope you are able to get some sleep in order to be bright eyed for your big day tomorrow! We can't wait for your next report.

Sara and Julian

Susan said...

so glad to hear from you. We knew you got to Almaty since the Yeoman's posted your pic (you looked great).
Glad you made it safely and cant wait to meet you with your kiddo!!!

Have missed your updates. I hope your computer showed up.

Let the Amazing race continue!

kitzkazventure said...

OOOh, I am so anxious and excited for you both! Our prayers are with you....the day is here!

Holly and Dean said...

How exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear all about which Baby House you went to...and all about your new baby boy!!

Stacy said...

So excited that you made it. I bet you have total butterflies in your stomach right now! Can't wait to her the news on the child that was meant for you!!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

So glad you're there! Can't wait for the next post.
All the best tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!

Rochelle said...

Can't wait to hear from you after tomorrow!! It's so exciting. I am assuming you meet your little boy tomorrow, you must be so excited.

You aren't missing anything in March in Minnesota!! Yuk.

Rochelle

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you made it there. Can't wait for more of the good stuff!

Regina said...

So glad you are safe and sound. Good luck with everything tomorrow. Bring on the baby!

Kim said...

Awesome! Best of luck tomorrow!

dnd82001 said...

Congraultions I sent good wishes to you thru your cohorts.

Best wishes for tomoorw I'm sure everyting will go well!
Congraulations again!

Keep us posted.
Darlene

Matthew Ruley said...

Just checking in for, like, the thirty-fourth time today. Hope all went well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, another thought. If your little guy looks Russian but you're told he's Kazakh (or is in a Kazakh language group),he's probably mixed-race (or Tatar). Not that it matters . .

Check a site called Before You Know It for a downloadable Kazakh program (if you can manage the bandwidth). It's pretty cool.

Can't wait for the next update