Today we took Nurlan to have his passport/visa pictures taken. This was only his second trip in a car (last time was when he traveled from the babyhouse to the preschool, which was 2-1/2 years ago). He was very quiet the entire trip, sitting bravely in his papa's lap. When we got to the photographer's studio, he began crying softly. The photographer was a gruff, old Russian man and had little patience for a small boy. Nurlan sat motionless under the glare of the harsh camera lights, doing exactly what he was told. The snapshots captured the moment: a serious little boy trying to be brave. Afterwards he took some comfort in my arms. I'm so grateful that he sees me as safe. I love holding him. I feel such an incredible bond with him already. It's as though he's always been my son.
How did I get so lucky?
16 comments:
I am so happy that you guys are all bonding so nicely. He seems like such a sweet boy, and he is lucky to have you as his parents. i am sure he will flourish once you get him home.
sandi
Poor guy-can you even imagine never being in a car? Once you get him home, he's gonna be like a kid in a candy shop. I am so glad that you are getting along so well. It's very heartwarming.
We are so happy for you! What an adventure Garrett is in for when he comes home with you to your apartement, to Almaty and finally to your real home. So happy for you! Hope things continue to progress!
You are both lucky - he's lucky to have you as his mama!!!
Shannon
I am glad to hear the bond is forming so strongly already. It brings tears to my eyes.
Bob and I were just talking last night about what these kids go through to become our children. We endure a lot of issues with the paperwork, travel etc. But the kids endure a lot too. How frightened he must be going through all of this. I'm glad you are able to comfort him. There is something so warm and right with holding a child.
I am so glad that you are bonding. What a sweet story. It is great that he already takes comfort in you and Bob.
So great it seems he was always your son--he is now and will be forever.
congrats--I am glad also that you can offer him comfort--he has such big changes ahead in his life but with you and Bob he can feel safe whatever the future brings.
Jezz Karen, that was a tear jerker. That is so cool that Nurlan feels safe with you already!! He is going to have so many culture shocks in CRAZY America!! You are lucky but actually, it isn't JUST luck, you and Bob have worked so hard for this!! You have been so determined!
By yesterday's photo this looks like the same little guy whose photo is on your frig. I wasn't sure.
Happy, happy, happy!!
Can't wait until you are back home : )
Karen: The picture of Nurlan that you posted yesterday is precious--what a handsome boy---and terrific smile!! Glad to hear that you guys are bonding well---what an incredible journey for the 3 of you! Quaintance
Great picture, your eyes are just shinning! I made it big, so i can admire the both of you! Your play room looks so much like our play room! Congratulations!!!! Very happy moments!
That is so wonderful. Isn't it an amazing feeling holding your child? Incredible!
You know it breaks your heart to see a scared little boy - but it's times like this when you can have real bonding breakthroughs. Congratulations.
Oh--such a brave little boy. All three of you are so fortunate to have finally found each other. (Sure makes the wait worth it.)
Nurlan is in for many changes. It is wonderful that he takes comfort with you. A true bond is forming. Great to hear!
Eileen
Poor little guy. We had our passport pic taken with my dh's arm in the photo cause babyboo was crying so hard. I am so glad he found comfort with you. He is so precious. I am so proud for all of you.
Post a Comment