Both Bob and Garrett Nurlan are under the weather today, so no visits today. Nurlan was looking really bad the last few days, which was interesting because we saw another side to him. When he's healthy, he loves to eat, play and be held. When he's sick, he wants to be left alone. All I want to do is hold and comfort him. Of course, he wants nothing to do with his mama.
Our guardianship letter is still stuck in Almaty. Fed Ex says it'll arrive in Uralsk on Monday, March 31st, which is frustrating because all it's doing is sitting in Almaty for 6 days. That means nothing has moved forward this week. While I'm grateful to see my son every day, it's so hard to leave him at the orphanage every night. (Even though I know he loves his "group.")
My suggestion to anyone getting ready to travel is to bring along an apostilled and notarized guardianship letter (just in case). I asked my agency repeatedly whether we needed one and they assured me over and over that only single parents were "required" to have one. I should've trusted my gut. Lesson learned.
8 comments:
I'm sorry your boys are sick. My boys are sick too==but that is Ben and Miles (dog and cat) I have cleaned up 4 piles of throw up this morning. It's so not fun. Miles ate a bar of soap, not sure what Ben's issue is.
wow, 6 days in Almaty just sitting there. That is frustrating-It seems every region is differnet in regards to paperwork, and things change constantly.
March 31st is coming up very soon-that is the first day of spring break!
Hope the boys feel better soon. My husband also wants left alone when he is sick. Sean likes to be pampered, but i think he is half girl, because of all the time he spends with me. Most men I know prefer to be left alone...just like your son.
Sending warm get well wishes your way, and NO THROWING UP.
Sorry about the boys. Seems most of the kids and at least one parent gets sick during the trip. Izaak and I were both sick during the last half of our trip. Our little guy was and is still only cuddly when he's tired or sick - he's got too much energy otherwise!
I wanted to thank you for sharing about the Guardianship Letter. From what I can gather it's just a Uralsk thing, but glad to know about it in case we end up there.
Also, heard about the floods in Uralsk wiping out the water supply to some folks. Has that affected you at all?
I hope Garett and Bob feel better soon. I am sure that it is especailly difficult for Bob becausee when I'm sick I just want to be home and eat homy things.
Yes, I have always heard ta tthe Guardianship letter is a singels thing. Who signed it in your absense or did your guardian sign it?
Hi Karen. Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Sorry, too, to hear about paperwork sitting still. Ugh. I am definitely going to research the guardianship letter, as we have certainly not been asked nor have we "crossed that bridge" as of yet. So, I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you are helping people like us in the midst of your frustration. (Yep, I'm sure that goes a LONNGGG way towards making you feel better -- HA!). Seriously, thank you for continuing to post. We hope things pick up shortly for you!
Sorry to hear that everybody is under the weather. Perhaps it's good not to snuggle too much so you don't catch it too.
Good thinking about the extra paperwork - I over did it on everything (though we don't have a guardianship letter... hmmm) and don't regret it.
Hope it arrives soon!
Sorry to hear the boys are ill. I sure hope they feel better soon and that you don't cathch it.
The long wait for your paperwork must be frustrating-I feel for you and hope these six days fly by. I can only imagine that leaving your child at night gets harder as each day goes by--hope he is with you full time soon.
Good advice on the guardianship letter.
Hope the boys feel better soon.
What a frustrating situation! And I totally remember how awful it was to leave my child at the orphanage day after day - so we are so sorry for you guys that you have to endure even more days like this. For you and your child. Let's get that FEDEX and get you permanently united with your little one soon!!!
Post a Comment