This morning our friend Noah (who is also acting as our house sitter) called with some devastating news. Yesterday, our neighbor Paul (who lives in the house behind us) perished in a house fire. It was early Sunday morning, so none of our neighbors were awake. A driver spotted the high flames from a nearby freeway and pulled off. By the time he located the house, it was fully engulfed in flames. They found Paul dead beside a dog kennel in the back of the house. Apparently, he was dog sitting and was attempting to release the animal from his kennel. Paul was only 32.
Something we didn't know about Paul was that he was married. His wife Megan died tragically in an automobile accident in 2005.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
10 comments:
oh that is so awful!! What a sad sad story. I am so sorry......
How awful, what a tragic story! I'm so sorry, hugs to you.
Ann
How sad! I'm sorry to hear this.
What a sad story. I think there is some weird karma going on right now in the world though. Our friends have had 2 family deaths recently. And a local boy (only 18 years old) hung himself from a tree in a park in our subdivision this past week. Unfortunately I saw him while I was out walking the dogs. Very sad indeed.
I'm so sorry, his family has thoughts from around the world.
Life is so precious, let's celebrate every moment of it.
Shannon
OH MY GOD THAT IS AWFUL. What sad, horrible news. Just terrible in every way. Sorry for that - hugs to you all.
Oh wow! That's horrible! Just terrible. I'm sorry.
Very sad story. We seen it on the news. They said he was found near a doorway, and that neighbors tried to get in and rescue him, but the flames were just too intense. They have not yet released his name on the news yet, so I didn't realize he was so young. And what a tragedy about his wife, as well. We all need to keep his extended family in our prayers during this difficult time for them. Every single day is a precious gift from God, and we need to learn to treasure the moments we have with those we love and make the most of the life each of us have been given.
I'm so sorry to hear that such a horribly sad thing has happened. So very tragic and disturbing. My deepest sympathies.
That is so devasating. Its strange because another blog I read they had a relative that died in a house fire last week too.
So sad.
Glad to hear you're doing well with Garrett.
Post a Comment